We are continuing our mission of connecting America’s young immigrants to these untold narratives by bringing immigrant history classes to other parts of the country! Knowledge is powerful, and education can build stronger communities and coalitions. We hope that you will join the movement to empower immigrant communities and unearth these buried but powerful histories.
Getting involved is easy, and there are lots of different ways to do it:
- Start an Immigrant History Program
Volunteer with Us
- Do you think your community could benefit from immigrant history classes? We are always looking to build relationships with educational institutions—such as Chinese Schools, other heritage language schools, and more—that are interested in providing these classes to their students. Contact us today to learn more!
Get Connected to a Local Immigrant History Program
- Volunteers are what sustain our organization! We are exploring the idea of translating our Chinese American history curriculum into Chinese so that the older generation can also learn this history. We’re seeking people who have translation experience. We are also hoping to develop other immigrant history curricula. We are seeking people who have a background in areas such as Japanese American history, Chicana/o studies, and more.
- Share your thoughts about the curriculum with us! We love feedback on how we can improve.
- Interested in teaching for a local Immigrant History Program in your area? Let us know!